Immigration Law

Government policies involving legal status or citizenship, can be a very complex legal matter. Without representation, you could be at risk of deportation or other complications. Take no risks when dealing with immigration legal issues, contact our attorneys immediately.

Our lawyers and staff speak English, Spanish, Russian and Polish.

Adjustment of Status

An adjustment of status is designed for individuals — usually family members, fiancés, students or temporary resident employees of a U.S. business — who wish to apply for permanent residency (a “green card”) in the U.S. without traveling back to their native country to go through consular immigration processing.

Assisting You With Your Adjustment of Status

When you contact The Sikorski Law Firm, we can help answer your questions:

How long does it take to adjust my status? Will I be able to adjust my status if I have a criminal record? How can my employer help me with my status?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a complex bureaucracy. However, our extensive familiarity with the regulations and procedures enables us to speed up your petition and confidently address any legal issues regarding your existing visa or adjustment application.

We provide professional, personalized service to clients throughout the Metro Detroit area. With our experience and knowledge we can handle a variety of Adjustment of Status cases:

  • Fiancé to spouse
  • Non-immigrant to permanent resident
  • Tourist visa to temporary conditional resident
  • Children of immigrants to permanent resident
  • Employment-based green cards

Benefits of Adjustment of Status

  • The applicant is granted legal permission to stay in USA while the application is processed.
  • An adjustment of status applicant is granted permission to work in United States while his case is pending. This is known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
  • Another advantage is the permission to travel. The applicant can travel between the US and other countries. This travel document is known as Advance Parole.
  • It is also possible to apply for a green card besides the application for status.
  • The applicant does not have to leave USA to receive an immigrant visa


Citizenship & Naturalization